We implement three interconnected strategic pillars
Empowering communities to demand their rights, escape poverty, hold duty bearers to account and steward their environment, so that the transition to a sustainable blue economy is genuinely inclusive.
Support ocean governance
Supporting the development and implementation of policies, regulation, participatory planning & information management to enable a sustainable blue economy.
Identifying and developing a pipeline of opportunities for enterprises, value chains, technologies, infrastructure to transition to more sustainable practices and become the engines of a sustainable blue economy.
WE MOBILISE INTERNATIONAL AND REGIONAL SUPPORT FOR LOCAL ACTION
OBF forges new partnerships, develops project opportunities, and supports ongoing initiatives with:
- Access to expertise, knowledge, new partners and funding opportunities
- Harmonisation and coordination with others for a greater cumulative impact
- Joint advocacy to strengthen governance and motivation
- Profiling & visibility through its communications network
WE FOCUS ON BLUE ECONOMY SECTORS THROUGH INNOVATION TEAMS
Our Blue Future currently has three Innovation Teams (ITs):
Circular Economy, Community Livelihoods and Blue Tourism.
They support transitions to an inclusive and sustainable Blue Economy (SBE) by:
- Better defining what a SBE means in practice in a particular sector.
- Identifying opportunities, building partnerships & providing technical assistance to develop a pipeline of bankable projects in this sector.
- Documenting & sharing lessons; facilitating exchange to accelerate the sector’s transition to become more inclusive and sustainable.
- Using evidence to support advocacy, inspire others and inform policy.
- Supporting the mobilisation of new resources.
- Strengthening existing regional, national and local structures to adopt a SBE approach.
OUR ANTICIPATED RESULTS
The Steering Team will set impact goals once OBF is further established. These will be centred around the common interests, including:
- Creating and supporting sustainable livelihoods
- Empowering business to become more sustainable
- Levering responsible investment
- Supporting conservation of coastal and marine areas
- Developing a leading community of experts to catalyse future SBE pathways